Every challenge, no matter how big or small, is intended to bring you to your highest potential. COVID was certainly one such challenge. During this conversation, Dr Sharon Spano is joined by Dr Ravi Iyer, Founding Physician and President of The Iyer Clinic, who shares his unique perspective on the effect of COVID19 on our world today.
In the hope of helping humanity remember the lasting lessons we all learned during 2020’s COVID19 pandemic, Dr Iyer wrote The Reaper’s Dance, 1000 Days of COVID. Dr Iyer opens our conversation with an overview of the effects of the virus that linger on in our world before we explore reimmunization and antibodies, discuss the possibility of future pandemics, and talk about resilience in the face of unimaginable loss.
In closing, Dr Iyer urges us to stay engaged and connected to the democratic process. Join us for a heavy but very necessary conversation about the ever-evolving complexities of our world.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Welcoming Dr. Ravi Iyer, Founding Physician and President of The Iyer Clinic.
- Ravi’s understanding of what the COVID-19 pandemic means for us all going forward.
- Benefits of testing your antibodies and becoming re-immunized.
- The realities of future pandemics and how to prepare for them.
- Why individual voices count and how you can advocate for yourself and your community.
- Factors determining resilience in loss and the importance of connection for humans.
- The option to divide or come together during times of crisis and how this unfolded during the pandemic.
- Distilling the most important message of Dr Iyer’s book, The Reaper’s Dance.
- The role of precautions such as face masks to protect ourselves and others from the virus.
- Dr Iyer’s parting words of wisdom: you have to connect to be a democratic society.
Website: The Iyer Clinic
Hours of the Universe: https://www.amazon.com/Hours-Universe-Reflections-Science-Journey/dp/1626984034
American Biological Safety Association: https://absa.org/
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/