The average person makes 10,000 micro-decisions per day, and every time you make a decision, you are choosing between excellence or convenience. Joe Templin always chooses excellence, which is a big part of the reason that he has managed to achieve such a high degree of success. And he wants to help you turn yourself into the best version of you!
Joe sees it as his purpose in life to help others, and he does that through his work as a financial planner, trainer, mentor, and author. His book, Every Day Excellence, was a bestseller, and part of our conversation today covers the process he went through to write the book, and what makes this book stand out. We also discuss Joe’s educational background, the high level of drive which has fuelled him throughout his life, and the experiences which motivated him to pursue the career paths that he has. Joe is also open about some of the challenges that he has faced, including the divorce he went through during the pandemic.
Joe is on a journey of constant learning, growth, and discovery. He knows that there is always room for improvement in all aspects of our lives, and to him, having a vision of what we want to become in the future and working towards that vision, is the definition of excellence.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Introducing today’s very accomplished guest, Joe Templin.
- An overview of Joe’s diverse career path.
- Joe explains what motivated him to build a career in the financial services sector, and what motivated him to found Unique Minds.
- Character traits that have contributed to the success that Joe has achieved throughout his life.
- What excellence means to Joe.
- Some of the reasons for the spike in the divorce rate during the pandemic.
- Disabilities that two of Joe’s children have, and how the pandemic affected them.
- The process Joe went through to write Every Day Excellence, and what makes it different from other books.
- The enormous power that lies in the micro-decisions that we make every day.
- Goals that Joe hopes to achieve through Unique Minds Consulting.
- How Joe plans to expand on the concepts that he covers in his book so they can have an even greater impact.
- The importance of taking time off (whatever that looks like to you).
- Methods that Joe uses to influence his mindset, depending on what he is writing.
- What Joe sees as the foundation for success.
- Why you should turn off the news.
- A memorable lesson that Joe learned from his dad.