Bill Coletti is a reputation management, crisis communications and professional development expert, keynote speaker, Wall Street Journal Risk & Compliance panelist, and best-selling author of Critical Moments: The New Mindset of Reputation Management. He has more than 25 years of global experience managing high-stakes crises, issues management, and media relations challenges for both Fortune 500 companies and winning global political campaigns.
Bill previously co-led the Global Risk Management and Crisis Communications Practice for Hill+Knowlton Strategies. He held senior leadership positions in the firm’s Austin, Texas, Los Angeles and Orlando, Florida offices, as a member of the senior management team.
He provided senior counsel in crisis management, corporate communications, and reputation defense to numerous clients, such as AT&T, Target Corporation, American Airlines, The Home Depot, Xerox, Nuclear Energy Institute, and Cargill, as well major universities and global NGOs. Previously, Bill served in the Republic of Bulgaria as a senior advisor to the prime minister, Council of Ministers, and the labor minister. He was the first executive director of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria.
What you will learn in this episode:
- What steps Bill feels smaller businesses can take to better connect with and communicate with their customers and why communication is key in difficult times
- How Bill defines a crisis differently from day-to-day challenges all businesses face, and why he considers this pandemic to be a critical moment that will define businesses
- Why this terrible challenge also offers an opportunity to vastly improve the systems we have in place, and why adapting to these changes is important
- How Bill and his team are advising clients on how to make key decisions without waiting on or looking to the federal government for guidance and assistance
- Why resiliency, which Bill defines as the ability to stand back up after being knocked down, is entirely in the hands of business leaders
- What permanent changes to both industries and to our way of life Bill anticipates will take place due to the pandemic, even after the crisis passes
- Why now is the time for businesses to begin innovating new solutions and open new lines of communication with their customers
- What advice Bill and his team are offering to CEOs and business leaders to get through this crisis and maintain their own health and wellbeing
- Why Bill recommends you create a video message for the 1-5 groups of people most important to your business
- Website: https://kith.co/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/billcoletti/
- Twitter: @bcoletti
- Website: sharonspano.com
- Book: thetimemoneybook.com
- Events: sharonspano.com/workshops
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @SharonSpano