As we reckon with an ongoing global crisis, the systems that shape our world are becoming increasingly fragile. With this comes a heightened awareness that many of these systems were designed to detract from our human experiences rather than enhance them. How does our unconscious submission to these systems weaken our human potential? And how can we ensure that our systems serve us, not the other way around?
Here to help us delve into these deep questions is multimedia artist, speaker, educator, and author, Michaell Magrutsche. Born in Vienna, Austria, and based out of California, Michaell works to raise awareness about our limitless human potential. He believes that the root source of our current disconnect is the misunderstanding between who we are and our dysfunctional interaction with the systems we have created. He also believes that we possess a number of superpowers that allow us to reconnect with our inherent worth, one of which is art.
Today, we discuss the potential and functions of art and how little we really understand about this remarkable human tool. We have a candid conversation about neurodiversity, Michaell’s personal experience with dysgraphia, and how he uses art to tap into his innate wisdom. We also touch on the power of inclusivity, the importance of reconnecting with our bodies, and so much more. To learn more about rediscovering your human worth and your inherent superpowers, make sure to tune in today!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What Michael means by ‘created systems’ and why he says that humanity is his true north.
- Why Michaell struggled to fit into these systems due to his neurodiversity.
- The value of art as the highest form of creation.
- An understanding of how our systems make us subhuman.
- How our unconscious submission to systems weakens our human potential.
- Why Michaell believes that we need to ‘re-dream’ the American dream.
- How systemic division distracts us from the power of inclusivity.
- Michael’s belief that art allows us to experience the power of humanity.
- Why it’s important to reconnect with your body; less thinking, more feeling!
- A look at some of the things that inspire Michaell to create art.
- The value of creativity for creativity’s sake, not economic reward.
- How you can rediscover your human worth and inherent knowledge.
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/
12-Week Toxic Relationship 1:1 Intensive: sharonspanoworkshops.com/intensive