Please join us in welcoming today’s guest, Danna Olivo, business growth strategist and the CEO and Founder of MarketAtomy. Danna’s passion is working with small, first-stage entrepreneurs to ensure that they start out on the right foot and stay on the path to financial freedom. She is known as the ‘business birthing specialist’ because she understands the intricacies involved in not only starting but running a successful business, with her efforts extending beyond the initial strategic planning process and into the implementation and monitoring phase. As you likely already know, listeners, having an expert walk alongside you through implementation and monitoring can make all the difference!
Danna recently launched the MarketAtomy Academy, the first e-learning environment specifically developed for small and micro-businesses, which you will hear more about in today’s episode. She is a graduate of the University of Central Florida’s College of Business and she holds degrees in both marketing and management information systems. Danna has more than 40 years of strategic planning experience to offer in business structures, marketing, and business development, both nationally and internationally, and she is also a sought-after public speaker and a bestselling author, having published five books, the latest of which is titled Social or Sociopathic.
In this episode, Danna reflects on the impact of COVID on small and micro businesses, and you’ll learn more about her five-phase business strategy approach and three-phase annual planning approach, as well as the importance of leveraging the gig economy and thinking strategically as we adapt to a post-COVID economy. For all this and more, tune in today!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- An introduction to Danna Olivo, her time in Brazil, and the origins of MarketAtomy.
- How she got into the architectural, engineering, and construction management industry.
- How Danna benefitted from her decision to return to school and get her degrees.
- The MarketAtomy avatar: micro businesses with less than 10 employees.
- Danna reflects on the impact that COVID has had on these micro businesses.
- How making a positive impact on the number of failed businesses will positively impact not only business owners, but their families too.
- Why small business owners need to keep up with rapidly expanding virtual environments.
- Learn about the five-phase MarketAtomy Academy approach to business growth strategy.
- How Danna works with micro businesses to build annual planning programs in three phases.
- The importance of digital marketing in a virtual economy, coupled with strategic planning.
- Learn about the Business Health Check Assessment that Danna is developing.
- Some of the topics that listeners can expect on her podcast, Charged Up Studio.
- How Danna leverages the gig economy, including hiring interns from the school system.
- The benefits of working with younger interns who are savvy with digital marketing.
- Find out what Danna means when she says that business owners suffer from ‘OPA’ when they wear too many hats.
- Why it’s critical that businesses think strategically about adapting to a post-COVID economy.