Bryan Miles is CEO & Co-founder of BELAY, alongside his wife Shannon. A leading US-based, virtual solutions company, BELAY has over six hundred team members—all remotely working from home. Without a brick-and-mortar office space, BELAY has proudly graced the Inc. 5000 list three times and was awarded the number one spot in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Best Company Culture. BELAY provides virtual assistants, bookkeeping, copywriting, and webmaster services to leaders and fast-paced organizations. BELAY’s services equip leaders and organizations with the ability to climb higher when and where they need it most.
Bryan and Shannon live with their two children, Harper and Rainey, in Atlanta. Practicing what he preaches, Bryan spends his days virtually running his company from his porch in Georgia, from the mountains in Jackson Hole, or from the beaches in the panhandle of Florida.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Bryan and his wife Shannon came up with the idea for an entirely remote virtual assistant company
- What services BELAY offers including virtual assistant, bookkeeping and website support
- How BELAY works to match the right virtual employees with their clients' businesses and needs
- How Bryan and Shannon came up with the name BELAY, and how it relates to their company culture
- Why Bryan's faith is a critical component of his business philosophy and helped him find the courage to start his business
- How Bryan and Shannon made the difficult decision to appoint a leadership team and let go of some of the responsibility
- How Bryan and Shannon serve as business mentors for others, and how it helps to relieve stress
- Why Bryan focuses on four areas of his life every single day: being, body, balance and business
- Why Bryan and Shannon set 90-day targets and annual goals together, and how they share a vision for the future
- What advice Bryan would offer to business owners with regards to remote work opportunities and the changing workplace