As a sought-after speaker and consultant, Chris works with leading organizations to help them transform their cultures to boost performance and gain an even greater edge in the marketplace. A certified SCRUM Master, Chris is highly adept at helping teams work through obstacles and find solutions quickly and effectively. He leverages this experience in all aspects of his work.
Chris is the author of The Power of Company Culture, which was released in 2018. He is also the Founder and CEO of PeopleG2, a background check company that has appeared on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies.
A passionate talent management enthusiast, Chris is the host of TalentTalk, a popular business podcast that features interviews with top executives about their strategies for hiring and promoting talent.
Chris strongly believes in community involvement, and he is active with a number of organizations. He regularly serves as a judge at entrepreneurial showcases and contests, such as Miller Lite Tap the Future. Additionally, he runs two book clubs for Senior Level and HR Professionals in Southern California.
In his free time, Chris enjoys traveling with his wife and kids, and playing live music with his band. He resides in Orange County, California.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How Chris balances his time between so many activities and interests, and why having help from the people around him makes it possible
- How Working Wardrobes, a charitable organization in Orange County, helps homeless and at-risk people, and what experiences Chris gained serving on their board
- Why Chris first began learning about business culture out of necessity, and what steps he takes to help his consulting clients develop a powerful company culture
- Why productivity, performance, and profits can exist independently of each other, and why great, thriving companies with powerful cultures have all three
- Why vision, mission, and values provide a foundation that has to inform everything else an organization does
- How reshaping his company's culture from the ground up has made a dramatic, lasting impact on PeopleG2's success, and how he works to create a communicative environment
- What background check solutions PeopleG2 offers its clients, and what sets the company apart from competitors
- Where Chris finds his entrepreneurial drive, and how he first got involved in the background check industry
- Why Chris considers his role as a leader to be one of elevating the people around him and enabling them to do their best work
- What Chris's podcast, TalentTalk, is about, and what issues, concepts, and knowledge he offers on the show
- Website: www.chrispdyer.com
- Website: www.peopleG2.com
- The Power of Company Culture by Chris Dyer: https://amzn.to/2Owx6Xr
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/chrispdyer7/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chrisdyer7/