Lindsey Epperly is the founder of Epperly Travel, a boutique travel firm that specializes in customizing 4 and 5-star vacations across the globe. She is passionate about building lifelong relationships with her clients and suppliers, discovering the world in a way that makes her a better agent, and celebrating with her team when she reaches a new milestone.
Her journey through the travel industry began as a student at the University of Georgia, when she wandered into a travel agency in her hometown, looking for a brochure, and (accidentally) walked out with a job. She built up her personal book of business while still in college by looking at the career path as an entrepreneurial venture, and marrying this with her love of travel has brought her so much joy!
Lindsey’s recent achievements include landing a spot on Wendy Perrin’s WOW List as their Caribbean expert, being nominated for Virtuoso’s Rising Star Award and receiving a place on Jezebel Magazine’s Trailblazing Ten list.
Epperly Travel was launched back in 2014 and Lindsey has grown her team of advisors to embody her core values. Her personal “why” is to help others believe in their value and this is an important part of the company culture at Epperly. Lindsey has been in the travel industry for over 10 years now and is most passionate about building a company that can be a part of your travel memories!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Developments in Lindsey's businesses over the last year!
- The idea of the new company, EntreTravel, and diving into the training and mentorship world.
- What is unique about Epperly Travel; convenience for clients and a virtual culture.
- The modern approaches to that Epperly employ; using tech to support travelers.
- Networks and resources that help Epperly deliver the best service to their clients.
- The transparent nature of Epperly Travel and Lindsey's strong belief in this value.
- How Lindsey is planning to adapt her business to the arrival of a baby in August!
- Epperly's hybrid model for remote work and office space.
- The future vision for Epperly and EntreTravel and the legacy-building aspect of this.
- Measures that Lindsey is taking to stay aligned and maximize ROI in her businesses.
- The way that Lindsey and her husband split roles and titles, and how they decided these.
- Navigating the running of a business as a married couple — the importance of listening.
- Finding a supportive tribe to help you through your journey.
- The biggest transitional moment that Lindsey has faced and breaking out of this bottleneck!
- Lindsey's advice for transitional moments; taking a step back and gaining perspective.
- The training and mentorship work that Lindsey offers through EntreTravel.
- What students can expect to learn in the courses that Lindsey offers!
- Lindsey's words of wisdom about entering into a family business and her own learnings.
- The day-to-day prioritization of marriage and how this works in busy times.
- Adapting to the different personas people have in different settings.
“There is a new modern way of doing business as a travel advisor, and Epperly Travel seems to be a beacon in that.” — @lindsey_epperly [0:05:51]
“If there’s ever a case where there’s going to be an additional cost, we’re very upfront with what that is and why you’re paying it and what you’re getting out of that.” — @lindsey_epperly [0:13:20]
“When I say modern, I don’t just mean necessarily technology. But modern in the way that the travel agent has now become a travel advisor and it’s all about relationship building.” — Lindsey Epperly [0:06:58]
“Everyone wants to have us on their speed dial, because we are the key to getting them all over the world in the best of the best.” — Lindsey Epperly [0:10:35]
Epperly Travel: https://www.epperlytravel.com/
Merrill Lynch: https://www.ml.com/
American Express: https://www.americanexpress.com/
Own, Not Run: https://ownnotrun.com/
Bob Goff: https://bobgoff.com/