Today we welcome serial-entrepreneur Stacey Brown Randall onto the show. As the award-winning author of Generating Business Referrals Without Asking, Stacey has an intimate understanding of how critical referrals can be in growing your business. As she explains in today’s conversation, a lack of referrals is what broke her first business.
Stacey honed her expertise in landing referrals from working as a top business coach. Her fine-tuned referral process includes recognizing your source of referrals and then nurturing your relationship with these sources. She’s applied her referral process to her own business, leading to astounding success.
Despite having worked with well-known corporations, her passion lies in helping small to medium business owners and solopreneurs learn how to scale their businesses without overselling or hustling their customers. Reflecting her focus on helping companies grow, Stacey is a host on the Roadmap to Grow Your Business Podcast.
In this episode, Stacey shares how family businesses and sales teams can grow their companies by using her referral method. Another key insight, she also tells listeners how you can introduce your critical business connections to your up-and-coming company leaders so that these relationships can be seamlessly transferred from one generation to the next.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Get to know Stacey as we introduce her as today’s guest.
- Stacey shares details about her career and why her first business failed.
- Hear what Stacey learned from her first business and how these lessons helped her build a stronger second business.
- How Stacey began getting business referrals without having to ask for them.
- We define what referrals are and why they are so beneficial to your business.
- Why a word-of-mouth recommendation or an introduction is not the same as a referral.
- Advice on filtering out networking opportunities that don’t grow your business.
- Stacey unpacks the four types of referral sources.
- How to nurture your relationship with each type of referral source.
- The importance of knowing where all your referrals come from.
- Strategies that will place you at the top-of-mind for your referral sources.
- Why the language you use is your secret weapon in landing referrals.
- Stacey discusses how you can transfer business connections from one generation to the next.
- Insights into building a referral plan through Stacey’s program.