Greggory R. Garrett is the CEO and Managing Director of CGS Advisors, a boutique strategy and innovation advisory firm that works with senior leaders at public companies and select private organizations. He is a dynamic and experienced international keynote speaker, an adjunct professor of business and engineering, and recently authored a best-selling business leadership book, Competing in the Connecting World. Having addressed audiences from 20 to upwards of 1500 people in public and private/corporate events, Gregg is at his best when he can focus on industry-shaping & transformational topics.
Prior to launching CGS Advisors, Gregg was the Chief Strategy Officer for IT & Innovation at Volkswagen Group of America. Before his time with VW, Gregg led corporate strategy & marketing for a division of Deutsche Telekom and was part of Ernst & Young’s Management Consulting practice. He is a visionary leader who prides himself in recognizing common sense solutions for complex problems and supports Corporate Bravery by motivating teams to reach well beyond the typical boundaries to achieve greatness.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How Gregg got "bit by the entrepreneurial bug" and started his first company, a customized lacrosse equipment sales business, at age 16
- Why Gregg wrote his book Competing in the Connected World, and how industries of all kinds are being constantly disrupted by ever-evolving "connected technologies"
- What important topics Gregg's book covers that helps business owners better understand and incorporate disruptive technologies
- How Gregg's co-author, Dr. Warren Ritchie, has a Ph.D. in Corporate Strategy, and how Gregg and Warren connected to write the book together
- How Gregg integrates his business work with his home life with his wife and two sons, and how Gregg has brought his wife and sons into his business
- What concerns Gregg has for his business going forward, and what common concerns CGS Advisors' clients often share
- Why taking the time to breathe, recalibrating his thoughts, and surrounding himself with brave people have helped Gregg find clarity and intentionality
- Why Gregg provides mentoring to startups and serves on advisory boards to offer his experience and expertise to others
- Gregg discusses his podcast You, Me, and Your Top Three and the impetus behind the show, and he shares where to find the series
- What important financial lesson Gregg learned from his family at a young age that he and his wife continue to practice today
- Website: www.cgsadvisors.com
- Competing in the Connecting World by Gregg Garrett: https://amzn.to/30PujhU
- You, Me, and Your Top Three podcast: www.cgsadvisors.com/podcast-2/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/greggorygarrett/
- Twitter: @GreggoryGarrett