Persuasion expert Henry DeVries is the CEO and Acquisitions Editor of Indie Books International. He is also the President of New Client Marketing Institute, a training company he founded in 1999. Henry’s extensive background in PR and marketing has led to a ten-year journey of success in the industry where he has, among other things, helped ghostwrite, edit, and co-author more than 300 business books, to include his McGraw-Hill bestseller, How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett. In addition, he has a weekly column with forbes.com.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Henry came to work in the publishing industry, starting with his original and detailed life plan that he had avoided due to fear.
- How Henry became a ghostwriter, and how he came to establish the New Client Marketing Institute
- Why Amazon.com and print-on-demand books were game changers that opened the door for hybrid publishers to evolve
- Why authors can't rely on publishers to promote for them, and why the real money in being an author is found in being an "expert with a book"
- What criteria Henry is looking for in an author when finding new opportunities for Indie Books International
- How Henry helps authors discover their hidden assets, and why he only works with one in four authors he gives a consultation to
- Where Henry got his natural joyful attitude and sense of humor, and how he finds the inspiration to work on screenplays
- Henry shares how he was notified by a federal prosecutor and an IRS auditing chief that his CPA and his tax attorney had taken advantage of him and stolen his money
- Why the secrets to Henry's success lie in his relationships, his service to others, fun, and generosity
- Why people's fear is the biggest challenge Henry has to face in his work, and how he recommends people push through their fears
- How to get a free 30-minute strategy call with Henry to discuss the business book you've written and the potential of getting it published