After growing one of his first PPC clients from 25 to 250 employees, Jake realized he had a gift for using pay-per-click marketing to drive dramatic business results. To help more companies succeed online, Jake founded Disruptive Advertising, a PPC, and CRO management agency that has helped hundreds of companies realize unprecedented growth and profitability from online advertising.
In the six years since its founding, Disruptive Advertising has grown from two employees working in Jake’s basement to a flourishing agency with more than 120 employees and a run rate of over $18 million- putting it at #145 on the 2017 Inc 500 list and listed as one of USA Today’s Best Places to Work in Salt Lake City in 2019.
As an active member of the marketing community, Jacob is passionate about extending his knowledge beyond his agency and is a regular contributor on a variety of blogs including notable publications like Entrepreneur, Forbes and SearchEngine Land where his wit and ability to make even tedious topics engaging elicits rave reviews from his readers. He has spoken at numerous events and webinars including SMX, Kissmetrics, Create Nation, Unbounce, PRSA, Starfest, VWO and many others— each time entertaining and educating his audience.
Beyond running a successful digital marketing agency, Jake's professional goal is to create 50 millionaires. To help him achieve that goal, Jake has invested over $350,000 into professional development and runs an ongoing series of personal development courses, covering topics like developing healthy habits, financial independence, and vision mapping, to help his employees cultivate a strong sense of self-awareness and unlock their full potential.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How Jacob found himself in the advertising and marketing industry
- The biggest area that Jacob see companies still missing the mark on in the lead generation side
- An example of how Disruptive Marketing has helped bridge the gap for marketing and sales teams within organizations
- The questions you should be asking yourself when it comes to your marketing
- Common mistakes that businesses make when it comes to their PPC campaigns
- How Disruptive Marketing defines culture and its 4 core values
- The importance of knowing who you are and deciding who you want to be
- Two experiences that lead Jacob to shift and become more self-aware in his relationship with his wife and how those experiences impacted him as a leader
- Jacob’s morning routine and how it’s helped him achieve greater success
- Why he has his team read “Miracle Morning” when they first start working at Disruptive Marketing
- How Jacob works through his stress and anxiety
- Why Jacob left Corporate America
- The secret sauce to Disruptive Marketing’s culture
- Website: disruptivemarketing.com