James Sang Lee is the founder and CEO of Fortress Hill Martial Arts. James is a four-time International Sport Karate Association (ISKA) World Champion. He also has a background in film and television as a character villain and stuntman. In this role, James has worked with leaders in the field such as Hulk Hogan and the directors and producers of Baywatch. He's also starred in countless other series such as Lethal Weapon 4, Blade, The Walking Dead, and the list goes on and on. Needless to say, James is renowned for his fight choreography in the area of martial art, weaponry, and firearms.
There's another side to James that those in Hollywood may have missed and that is his dedication to kids with Asperger's Syndrome. This dedication has lead to yet another role for James as the founder and CEO of Dragon Fly, an organization that gives these kids the tools to help them succeed in life via, you guessed it, the sport of martial arts. If all this isn't enough, James is also a sought-out consultant and expert in the area of security.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How an unfortunate incident James witnessed as a child compelled him to build his life around defending himself, his family, and friends, ultimately opening doors for him as a martial arts champion, athlete, and actor
- Ways that his experience with a child on the Asperger’s spectrum syndrome changed his mission in life and caused him to find ways that his expertise in martial arts could help the special needs community
- How people may find new ways to become a defender for those people facing difficult challenges in their lives with a goal of helping them reach their highest potential
- The importance of reaching out to institutions such as churches to assist them with developing security and safety protocol procedures
- Ways that we can re-prioritize our goals and mission statements after achieving things we once thought to be impossible. James did this, often recreating his goals, after winning multiple world championship titles in martial arts.
- How our ability to adapt becomes a way to stay effective as we reinvent ourselves and tackle new challenges
- Why we must manage our goals and make sure we pursue those opportunities that are the highest priority rather than attempting to do too much and overextending ourselves
- Ways that James has transformed his mastery and expertise of martial arts to help others in the United States and elsewhere, such as empowering women in India and Sri Lanka with ways to defend themselves
- Why millennials and others first entering business and professional life must learn how to build networks within their areas of expertise; the importance of reflective practices like journaling and meditation.
Ways to contact James:
- Twitter: @AskJSL
- Website: www.JamesSangLee.com
- Dragon Fly website (for ASD and Asperger Community): www.dragonflyasd.org
- YouTube New Videos for James Sang Lee