Kate MacKinnon, Certified Feng Shui Practitioner, combines the eastern practice of Feng Shui with a western aesthetic to create spaces of elegance and beauty that also transform lives.
Prior to becoming a Feng Shui Expert, Kate had her own management technology consulting business and was a Vice President for a large Fortune 100 financial services corporation.
It was while she was in Hong Kong on a business trip at the end of 1999 that she discovered Feng Shui, or she would say, Feng Shui discovered her. She returned home and in 2000 became trained in the school of Feng Shui as taught by Professor Lin Yun.
Since 2001, Kate has successfully consulted for businesses and individuals, bringing the power and magic of Feng Shui to homes, offices, buildings, and land – all over the country and, most recently, all over the world.
Kate has also taught courses on Feng Shui at places such as the Hospital for Special Surgery, written several articles on Feng Shui, and been interviewed by thought leaders in the worlds of Speaking, Art, Spirituality, Women Empowerment, and Life Transitions, particularly transitioning from Corporate to being a Creative Entrepreneur. She has also presented workshops as part of other programs. In 2014 Kate taught the first Feng Shui online course for the Integrative Institute of Nutrition with a particular focus on Health & Wellness. In 2016 Kate had the honor to present “Feng Shui 101” to the Global Real Estate Women’s Group at JPMorgan Chase.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How Kate's career path led her to her role as VP at JP Morgan Chase before she transitioned to her current work as a Feng Shui practitioner and mentor to other women
- What the ancient art of Feng Shui is and how its principles help to create harmony in people's environments and transformation in their lives
- Why Kate has always felt strongly about supporting other women throughout her career, and how her Feng Shui work naturally led to mentoring other women
- How Kate's work with Feng Shui and energy flow directly has a transformational effect in many aspects of her clients' lives
- How people's individual spaces often reflect internal issues and blocks they are dealing with, and how adjusting their environment can help correct these issues
- Kate shares a story of how she helped a business client find success and breakthrough business challenges in his real estate business after the 2008 crash found him stuck
- Why Kate's work involves recognizing issues in both the space she is working in and the people who inhabit the space
- What personal transformation Kate has experienced since she began her work with Feng Shui and energy flow
- What obstacles Kate faces in her business and in bringing Feng Shui principles to people's lives, and how she works to overcome those challenges
- Why social media has evolved and changed from an intimate conversation to a noisy and often negative space
- Website: www.kate-mackinnon.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kate.mackinnon.940
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kate-mackinnon-a7635251/
- Twitter: @fengshuikate