Lindsey Epperly is the founder of Epperly Travel, a boutique travel firm that specializes in customizing 4 and 5-star vacations across the globe. She is passionate about building lifelong relationships with her clients and suppliers, discovering the globe in a way that makes her a better agent, and celebrating with her team when she reaches a new milestone.
Lindsey’s recent achievements include: landing a spot on Wendy Perrin’s WOW List as their Caribbean expert, being nominated for Virtuoso’s Rising Star Award and receiving a place on Jezebel Magazine’s Trailblazing Ten list.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Lindsey “accidentally” came to work in the travel industry as a 19-year old college student
- Why the internet hasn't killed the travel advisory industry and, on the contrary, has revitalized the role of a travel agent
- How Lindsey defines "luxury travel", what services her family-owned business offers to their clients, and why each trip is customized to the client's needs
- Why a travel agency service is a cost-effective and valuable option, and how agents get incentives for referring clients to venues
- How Epperly Travel's mentorship program works, and how their innovative "remote force" team is structured
- Why Lindsey, her husband, and their team attempt to customize each client's experiences and deliver a "wow factor"
- What qualities and values Lindsey looks for when hiring a new agent, and how she promotes those values within the family-owned business
- How to get a copy of Lindsey's document "4 Keys to Success Every Luxury Travel Consultant Should Know" and to apply for her mentorship program
- Why Lindsey views the essence of her work as helping others to define their worth and purpose
- Lindsey discusses her views on the importance of travel and of the way she is able to touch people's lives
- Why being a young 20-something professional businesswoman has presented certain challenges Lindsey has had to conquer
- Why Lindsey’s husband left his career to come join Lindsey and work beside her at their family-owned business
- Website: www.epperlytravel.com