Tom Schwab knows how to build an online business. He has done it successfully several times, and now helps others find online success with podcast interview marketing. Marketing at its heart is starting a conversation with someone who could be an ideal customer and Tom helps thought leaders get featured on leading podcasts that their ideal prospects are already listening to. The Interview Valet system then helps them to turn listeners into customers.
The author of Podcast Guest Profits: Grow Your Business with a Targeted Interview Strategy, Tom is also Founder/CEO of Interview Valet, the category king of Podcast Interview Marketing. Tom lives online but resides with his family in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Tom's first job out of college was running nuclear power plants in the Navy, so he has run a nuclear reactor and a small business, one of which was easy because it came with an instruction manual! Tom's passion is in building and operating the Targeted Interview System to provide clients with a steady deluge of traffic, leads, and sales.
Interview Valet is a concierge-level podcast guest marketing service providing the fastest way for authors, speakers, coaches, consultants, and brands to maximize the benefits of podcasting.
This premium white-glove solution takes care of everything but the speaking, to reach an ideal audience with the least amount of snags or hassle. Interview Valet's all-inclusive system empowers clients with interview preparation, Certified Guest™ training, and personalized attention that ensures the best experience in the podcast industry for both the guest and host.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Interview Valet has grown in the last two years with the rise of podcasting.
- The meaning behind a targeted interview strategy; Tom's tactics with clients.
- Interview Valet's remote work model and how this serves podcasters around the world.
- Ways to escape obscurity and get your message out to the people that need it.
- How to start with the end in mind; targeting ideal listeners and specific goals.
- The decision to make Interview Valet a family business and Tom's wife's involvement.
- Tom's attitude to work-life integration and building healthy business practices with intention.
- Life as an entrepreneur; managing family time while being available for clients.
- Tom's philosophy towards sustainability for the company and the possible evolution of what they do.
- A little about Tom's children and his hopes for their careers.
- The lovely family dynamics that come up regularly in Schwab household.
- How Tom prioritizes his life and makes sure he is fully present where he is.
- Daily schedules working from home and setting appropriate boundaries.
- Tom's thoughts on retirement and societal expectations for the length of careers.
- How to connect with Tom and Interview Valet and some amazing promotions from Tom!
- The essence and framework of Tom's book, Podcast Guest Profits.
“We really focus on what their goals are, and then find a podcast that will get them those goals.” — @TMSchwab [0:03:21]
“If the job isn't fun, if it's not building up your family, then you need to do something about it.” — @TMSchwab [0:22:01]
“We all struggle from the same problem and that problem is obscurity.” — Tom Schwab [0:05:22]
“What you know is ordinary to you but amazing to other people, find a way to share that.” — Tom Schwab [0:37:45]
Interview Valet: https://interviewvalet.com/
Interview Valet Offers: https://interviewvalet.com/potential
Tom Schwab on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomasmschwab/
Tom Schwab on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThomasSchwab
Tom Schwab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TMSchwab
Interview Valet on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/interview-valet/
Interview Valet on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InterviewValet/
Interview Valet on Twitter; https://twitter.com/interviewvalet
Podcast Guest Profits: https://www.amazon.com/PODCAST-GUEST-PROFITS-business-interview-ebook/dp/B01N01ZIF7
Dan Miller: https://www.48days.com/
48 Days to the Work You Love: https://www.amazon.com/Days-Work-You-Love-Preparing/dp/1433669331
Grow Like A Lobster: https://www.amazon.com/Grow-Like-Lobster-Extraordinary-Business/dp/173316040X
Sharon Spano: http://sharonspano.com/
The Pursuit of Time and Money: http://thetimemoneybook.com/
Sharon Spano Events: http://sharonspano.com/workshops
Sharon Spano Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Spano on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SharonSpano