Born in İzmir in 1965, Yekta Özözer graduated from Boğaziçi University, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department (BSc) in 1987 and received MSc in Finance in Finance from the Strathclyde Business School (Glasgow) where he studied under a British Council Scholarship.
With over 20 years of experience in business, to include: the fast-moving food industry, airport ground services, banking, and financial affairs, Yekta has gained experience in many sectors. As a consultant and educator, he has also been an influential leader in a variety of industries: automotive, white goods, textile, insurance, banking, call centers, construction, chemical, electronics, and airlines.
Yekta’s expertise has led him into some of the most influential companies in the world: Citibank, Colgate-Palmolive, Coca-Cola, Celebi Group, and Aria. In his current role at ABC Consulting and Training, he provides consultancy and training services in Innovation, Creative Problem Solving, Management, Change Management, and Conflict Management.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Yekta's career path led him to become a business consultant for top Turkish companies
- How Yekta works with his clients to develop methods to improve profits and identify opportunities
- Why Yekta and his business partner developed a data bank that analyzes company processes and products for potential improvements
- Why Yekta believes a Formula One racing pit stop is a great example of efficiency and process idealization
- How being an entrepreneur in Turkey differs from doing business in other parts of the world
- Why Yekta's role as a consultant requires being able to help businesses adapt to cultural differences from nation to nation
- Why Yekta feels it's important to step out of your comfort zone and learn new, diverse skills
- Why you should look for the good in every bad situation and the learning opportunity found in every challenge
- How Yekta's philosophical beliefs integrate into his business life
- Which particular challenges Yekta is dealing with in his business, and how he is tackling them