Many of the lessons we learn in our own businesses can be converted into lessons for others in similar situations, and it is through this sharing of wisdom that we are able to make meaningful progress across industries and locations. Bill Smith has done just that, taking the knowledge and experience of working in his family business, Royal Cup Coffee and Tea, and creating his own consulting firm that aids family businesses to safeguard their future.
Bill launched his company Double Iron Consulting in 2021 and has also remained involved in his family business. Through Double Iron, Bill assists business owners with succession planning, leadership development, strategic growth, and internal alignment, and as listeners of this podcast will know, those are areas we value very highly around here!
In our conversation with Bill today, we get to cover a lot of ground, talking about how a clear mission can aid the construction of a successful strategy, when to look outside the family, the contemporary remote-work landscape, and much more. We also get to hear from our guest about specifics from the journey he has been on with his family, and the decisions that have shaped the company along the way.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Some of Bill’s background, and the values of his family business.
- Bill unpacks the history of Royal Cup Coffee and Tea and some of the pivotal moments.
- How the family has approached managing personnel shifts in the company.
- Bill’s thoughts on the possibility of the fourth generation of family in the business!
- Bill’s choice to shift into a consulting practice for family businesses in 2021.
- Common issues that Bill has noticed are troubling leaders in the current climate.
- How supply chain issues have affected Royal Cup and Bill in different ways.
- The pros and cons of the remote environment, and Bill’s idea for navigating these.
- How and where to learn more about Bill and Double Iron Consulting!
- The story behind the Double Iron name, and its relation to Bill’s family, upbringing, and beliefs.
Royal Cup Coffee and Tea: https://www.royalcupcoffee.com/
The Other Side of Potential Podcasts: https://www.sharonspano.com/podcast/
12-Week Toxic Relationship 1:1 Intensive: https://sharonspanoworkshops.com/intensive