Are you ready to heal the anxiety, depression, and chronic pain that you haven’t been able to think or talk your way out of? You’re in the right place! Join us in welcoming today’s guest, Greg Wieting, who helps leaders and entrepreneurs turn their pain into purpose using what he calls the PRISMA Method, a revolutionary framework that combines neuroscience and energy medicine with somatic and mindfulness-based practices.
Greg developed PRISMA while healing his own anxiety, depression, and chronic pain, which was rooted in trauma and included unraveling a severe spinal curvature. Over the last two decades, he has helped thousands heal through his one-on-one practice and he has certified hundreds of healthcare professionals in his methodology, with his new online course and community making healing practical and accessible to all.
In this episode, Greg walks us through some of the somatic and mindfulness-based practices he teaches and how they can help you understand and heal your trauma in order to focus on possibility rather than fear. We also take a look at why many high-performing individuals are often resistant to meditation, why Greg believes that most mental illness is actually unresolved trauma, and how you can access the tools and resources that Greg offers to help you restore harmonic resonance and access your highest potential, plus so much more! You won’t want to miss today’s fascinating and enlightening conversation about mental health, leadership, and healing from trauma with the remarkable Greg Wieting.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Greg’s introduction to energy medicine and a trauma informed approach to healing.
- An understanding of energy medicine using the analogy of a symphony orchestra.
- Insight into why Greg believes many high achievers are resistant to meditation.
- A look at somatic and mindfulness-based practices and how they can open us up to possibility.
- Why there is no direct path to healing the trauma at the root of your symptoms.
- How Greg uses what he calls the PRISMA Roadmap as a guide for your healing journey.
- How trauma impacts not only your mental health, but your physical health too.
- Some of the different ways that you can work with Greg.
- Greg expands on his belief that most mental illness is actually just unresolved trauma.
- The spike in anxiety, depression, and chronic pain we have seen since the start of COVID.
- A healthy fear of survival versus one where the threat isn’t as real as we perceive it to be.
- The process of unifying our intellectual, emotional, and physical understanding of events.
- Words of wisdom from Greg about being your own best advocate; don’t give up!
- Finding the right tools and support to enable healing, which your body is designed to do.
- Taking inventory of the input you receive: what nourishes you? What brings you pain?
- Where you can access the tools and resources that Greg offers.
Greg Wieting: https://www.gregwieting.com/
PRISMA Method: https://www.prismamethod.com/
Greg Wieting on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/greg-wieting-539b9a68/
Greg Wieting on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/greg_wieting/
Greg Wieting on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/greg.wieting.3
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/
12-Week Toxic Relationship 1:1 Intensive: sharonspanoworkshops.com/intensive