Welcome to the Other Side of Potential! Today Sharon Spano hosts a solocast on a couple of recurring issues you may be noticing in the world today. Increased anxiety and depression are just some of the residual effects of COVID 19 and the many transitions we are seeing in our world today. The dark night of the soul is an internal process that has been written about by many mystics.
During today’s conversation, we explore why, although difficult, it is an essential part of human growth, which sits within the twelve stages of human development. We are faced with two options during this phase, even in the most tragic circumstances. Tune in to hear Sharon’s insights on navigating this time, and understanding the lessons and changes it brings. Thank you for joining us!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- An introduction to today’s episode: a solocast on recurring world issues.
- Anxiety and depression among other residual effects of COVID 19 and the transitioning world.
- The dark night of the soul, which has been written about by many mystics.
- How folks feel when they face it: overwhelmed, depressed, hopeless, despairing.
- Why, although difficult, it is an essential part of human growth.
- How this ties into the twelve stages of human development.
- The two options we are faced with during this phase: growth and learning, or getting stuck.
- The growth and future development present, even in tragic losses.
- The concrete example of moving from elementary to middle school, and how this repeats itself.
- How to maximize on the opportunity in loss.
- Why confusion is not necessarily a bad thing.
- How spirituality can help us recognize that there might be something bigger going on around us.
- Why this can be especially difficult if your partner is in a different transitional place than you.
- The importance of being cognizant of the corresponding changing beliefs.
- What potential outcome you can experience if you do the work: understanding what the lesson is, rather than recognizing it as bad or good.
- How the Dark Night of the Soul allows us to integrate our experiences.
- Why this period can take years to go through and what you can learn from it.
- Stream of consciousness journaling as a tool to navigate this time.
- Recognizing patterns and finding answers.
- How accepting reality without judgment during the dark night of the soul can lead you to seeing a bright way forwards.
- Sharon’s upcoming rebrand and repurpose of the podcast.
- A reminder that we are in a pivotal evolutionary time in world history.
The Alchemy of Humans Facebook group: https://facebook.com/groups/thealchemyofhumans