Today’s guest is no stranger to overcoming challenges and stepping into life on the other side of potential. As part of the conscious community segment, in this episode, we are joined by David Wood. David is the founder and CEO of focus.ceo and the author of the upcoming book, Name that Mouse.
David is a former consulting actuary to Fortune 100 companies. During the course of his career, he’s built the world’s largest coaching business, becoming number one on Google for life coaching. In that capacity, he’s put 1000s of hours into coaching in over 12 countries around the globe. His focus is on helping business owners become the leaders who people want to follow. He does this by helping them create more authenticity, connection, confidence, and revenue.
David believes that while it’s important to acknowledge the elephant in the room, it is often through recognizing and naming the mouse in the room that unlocks you to be emotionally intelligent, vulnerable, authentic, confident, productive, and ultimately successful. To find out about the three D’s to helping you name your mouse and how this can profoundly change your life for the better, tune in today!
Please note that this episode carries a trigger warning for a tragic childhood story.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- An introduction to David Wood, his career, and his coaching platform.
- How his sister’s death and the challenges in David’s life informed his capacity for coaching.
- TW: To miss the tragic story of how his sister passed away, skip audio from [05:31] to [05:43].
- The importance of age-appropriate conversations with children about traumatic events instead of sheltering them.
- An explanation of David’s book title and the difference between an elephant and a mouse in the room.
- The three D’s to help you name your mouse: Discover, decide, and disarm.
- A real-life example of how David recently used the three D’s to name a mouse.
- A practical exercise to help you discover the mice in your life.
- David’s secret dream that he didn’t tell anybody about for a decade.
- How he came to realize that naming your desires helps you to manifest them.
- Why you should fill out his intake form even if you don’t want to do coaching with him.
- The type of clients David usually serves and what they come to him for.
- The subjects that David covers in his podcasts Extraordinary Focus and Tough Conversations with David Wood.
- The Pomodoro method and why David believes this is useful for improving productivity.
- David’s advice for clients who may have brain fog.
- How the book helps people grow in self-confidence.
- Insight into when David’s book is coming out and how you can join the Zoom party.
- Closing words of advice from David.
The Other Side of Potential Podcasts: https://www.sharonspano.com/podcast/
12-Week Toxic Relationship 1:1 Intensive: https://sharonspanoworkshops.com/intensive