Researcher, entrepreneur, and high-touch futurist, Connie Reimers-Hild, Ph.D., CPC, helps leaders and organizations reach their desired futures through strengths-based innovation and strategic foresight. She currently serves as Interim Executive Director of the Rural Futures Institute at the University of Nebraska. Connie assumed the role in July 2018 to purposefully carrying forward her mission with business, hospital, and community leaders around the globe. She joined RFI as Associate Executive Director and Chief Futurist in May 2015. She also hosts the Rural Futures podcast.
Dr. Connie is also the founder of Wild Innovation, a consulting and coaching firm serving organizations from both the private and public sectors. Clients range from rural hospitals in Nebraska to remote villages in Nigeria and include a small business with a $22 million annual footprint as well as global organizations like Lockheed Martin.
Dr. Connie’s research, experiences, and education in both the hard and human sciences allow her to see how our exponentially high-tech world must balance with a high-touch, strengths-based approach to leadership and life—and why we must explore the intersections of science fiction and what it means to be human.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Connie became interested in the idea of innovation in rural communities, and how she focused her career on the area
- What important habits Connie has recognized in others that they have to let go of to be able to innovate
- How Connie’s entrepreneurial program, Wild Innovation, is structured to help people embrace their ability to innovate
- How Connie views her role as Interim Executive Director of the Rural Futures Institute at the University of Nebraska
- What Connie thinks a leader will look like in the future, and how she feels the general public is recognizing the Rural Futures Institute’s efforts
- Why technological advancements are outpacing government policy, and what efforts need to be made to correct the balance to protect the public
- How Connie defines the essence of her work, and why leadership is a key component to her goals
- How Connie has managed to integrate the pursuit of her career with a successful family life with children
- Why the modern societal standards have changed in a positive way to allow women the option to pursue their careers and be mothers at the same time
How to connect with Dr. Connie Reimers-Hild:
- Rural Futures Podcast: https://ruralfutures.nebraska.edu/podcast/
- Website: www.askdrconnie.com
- Go Wild With Confidence! by Dr. Connie Reimers-Hild: https://amzn.to/2UcBuMo