Most of us have probably experienced betrayal in some form or another during the course of our lives. Unlike the trauma of the death of a loved one or a natural disaster, betrayal feels extremely personal, which is why the healing process differs. Unfortunately, many people get stuck in the early stages of dealing with betrayal which often has a detrimental impact on their mental and physical health for many years, sometimes even a lifetime.
In today’s episode, I am joined by Dr. Debi Silber, founder of the Post Betrayal Transformation (PBT) Institute, whose own experiences of betrayal led her to discover 3 fundamental truths about betrayal and subsequently develop a 5 stage healing process that helps people who are struggling with post-betrayal syndrome radically alter their lives for the better.
Debi is a holistic psychologist, health mindset and personal development expert, and the author of 3 books that explore different elements of betrayal. Whether you have recently been through a betrayal, or have been stuck in an unhealthy pattern of betrayal-related trauma for many years, this episode will show you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and as long as you have the will to heal, you will get there!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, holistic psychologist, personal development expert, and author Dr. Debi Silber.
- Debi shares an overview of the journey that led to her deep exploration of the psychology of betrayal.
- The trauma of betrayal.
- Why betrayal is different from other kinds of trauma (such as the death of a loved one or a natural disaster).
- Healing from betrayal; the 5 stages.
- Why so many people get stuck in Stage 3.
- Unsettling feelings that accompany growth.
- The two options that you have for rebuilding after a betrayal.
- Physical and mental symptoms that are commonly experienced after a betrayal.
- Why avoiding the healing process is likely to invite more betrayal into your life.
- Resources offered by the Post-Betrayal Institute.
- Who the Rebuild program at the Post-Betrayal Institute is aimed at.
The Other Side of Potential Podcasts: https://www.sharonspano.com/podcast/
12-Week Toxic Relationship 1:1 Intensive: https://sharonspanoworkshops.com/intensive