Joining us today is Laura Patricia Martin, a remarkable woman and the driving force behind Healing to Happy — a movement dedicated to helping high-achieving women navigate the complexities of modern dating.
As a Relationship Coach and Trauma and Somatic Attachment Specialist, Laura trained under the guidance of distinguished body-based trauma experts Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. Scott Lyons, and Dr. Siegel, helping her become the sought-after mentor and teacher she is today.
In today’s conversation with Laura, we learn about her personal journey with love and how the challenges she faced shaped her outlook on life and relationships. Our conversation delves into the many complex ways we react to trauma, why addressing intergenerational trauma is deeply important, the nuances of changing your patterns, somatic healing, and much more.
Join us in this thought-provoking conversation as Laura shares her hard-won insights and discover how you can learn to repattern your approach to relationships!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The intergenerational trauma in Laura’s family and its impact on her as a young woman.
- How high achievers use work in their attempt to overcome, or ignore, trauma.
- What it means to undo your programming and address intergenerational trauma.
- Holding trauma in your body and what a somatic therapy session typically looks like.
- Using somatic work to help you shift your nervous system.
- Learning from your triggers; how to de-program and do the necessary self-soothing work.
- How past trauma and formative relationships can influence who we are attracted to.
- The work required to change the patterns within yourself.
- Using forms of media, like film and literature, to expose yourself to positive relationships.
- An overview of Laura’s work and how she helps people where they are at.
- Find out how you can access Laura’s fun quiz on how to nail your first date look!
Healing to Happy on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/healingtohappy/
Dr. Peter Levine: https://www.somaticexperiencing.com/about-peter
Dr. Scott Lyons: https://www.drscottlyons.com/
Dr. Siegel: https://drdansiegel.com/
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/