The world of digital marketing can be overwhelming and, sometimes, we need an expert to walk alongside us. Dallin Cottle is that expert. After studying political science, Dallin made the leap into the world of digital marketing, applying the same principles of psychology and analysis to develop the knowledge that has made his company, ROAR, so successful.
Dallin believes that you can’t get business if you aren’t getting any attention, and favors a High Velocity Marketing approach, moving at a speed fast enough to take in new information and make changes accordingly. After a slow start with low engagement, the National Air Force’s marketing director reached out to Dallin and kickstarted his career with a life changing contract. It was here that he learned the theory of John Boyd’s OODA Loop that he developed to help fighter pilots to survive, and applied those principles to marketing.
Today, Dallin’s ideal clients have come to him organically through his interests, which fall mainly under real estate, fitness, and personal development. He is able to work with a variety of clients, using different creative strategies, because the principles are the same across the board. The ROAR Academy is a big part of the work he does, with a view to upskill people in as little time as possible using various challenges and techniques. Alongside this, he has developed OODA Pro, which he describes as ‘one platform to replace them all’, where you can keep track of all your customers, and find the support, structures and tools you need.
He considers Yelp and Google reviews to be the most powerful tool for brick-and-mortar and online stores alike, and recommends both OODA and ROAR’s 24/7 help desk for anyone looking to establish or further their business’s marketing strategy. We hope you join us for some powerful challenges and tips today!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What brought today’s guest, Dallin Cottle, into the world of digital marketing.
- How he transitioned from the world of political science into a career in marketing.
- The story of how he downscaled and started a business from a cushy job as an attorney.
- Why marketing matters: you can’t get business if you aren’t getting any attention.
- What High Velocity Marketing means: moving at a fast enough speed to adapt your strategy.
- The story of how the National Air Force’s marketing director reached out to Dallin.
- How John Boyd created the OODA Loop to help fighter pilots to survive.
- A new definition for marketing versus advertising: marketing is everything that’s not paid.
- Why psychographics are as important as demographics for creating a marketing strategy.
- ROAR Media’s approach, always doing an audit of every business first.
- Who Dallin considers to be his ideal client: real estate, fitness, and personal development.
- How he is able to work with a variety of clients because the principles are the same.
- What the biggest challenge to his growth has been: perfectionism.
- The challenge at ROAR academy where 21 posts are created in 24 hours.
- Why Dallin introduced the ROAR academy to his business plan.
- How he came to realize that he needed a more media-driven social media presence.
- What the process of becoming involved in the ROAR Academy looks like.
- Reputation as the key element of maintaining his business.
- OODA Pro: the platform that brings everything together in one place.
- Why listings and reviews on Google and Yelp are such powerful marketing tools.
- How ROAR’s 24/7 help desk can offer you the marketing support you need.