Toxic work environments and high turnover rates are common in many workplaces and are often the result of dysfunctional leadership, which can have a detrimental effect not only on its staff but the financial health of the business. The Lou Everett Group has dedicated itself to addressing an urgent need for leadership support by transforming and uplifting today’s leaders through leadership coaching, corporate training, empowerment speaking, and personal development.
We are joined today by the powerful duo, husband and wife, Lou Everett and Sherri McManus, to talk about The Lou Everett Group, why they founded their company, and how they have helped countless clients take their business to the next level. Lou and Sherri have been trained by the likes of Tony Robbins and Zig Ziglar and were both drawn to leadership from an early age. In our conversation, we break down how they are able to effectively run their business as a couple, why leadership is influence, and why being incorrectly mentored is one of the biggest obstacles to good leadership. Hear their perspective on what it means to transition from egotistical leadership to servant leadership and why it requires a willingness to change and grow. We also take a deeper look at their mPOWERment method, why it works, and how it has transformed their clients’ businesses.
The Lou Everett Group has a passion for serving people and companies throughout their growth transitions, whether they’re C-Suite Executive level or starting out as a Solopreneur. Tune in today to hear how they help their clients and how they keep their business thriving!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Introducing today’s guests Sherri McManus and Lou Everett of the Lou Everett Group.
- How Lou was first introduced to thought leaders like Tony Robbins and Zig Ziglar.
- How Sherri recognized a need for people-focused, servant-leadership after a life-threatening illness.
- How leadership is manifesting in less traditional settings that don’t have a familiar corporate ladder.
- The key elements that stop individuals from embracing leadership.
- Why being mentored incorrectly is one of the biggest obstacles to good leadership.
- The ways that leadership is distinct from management.
- How Sherri and Lou divide their responsibilities in their business to capitalize on their strengths.
- The benefits and challenges of running a business as a husband and wife.
- The types of clients that Sherri and Lou take on, from c-suite executives to solo entrepreneurs.
- How your leadership style can change and grow over time.
- How Sherri and Lou developed their mPOWERment method based on their years of training and how their experiences have shaped their outlook.
- A breakdown of the mPOWERment method and what each letter represents.
- Some of the biggest concerns that Sherri and Lou are seeing in their clients with the current state of the COVID pandemic.
- Sherri shares what she finds most exciting about helping clients.
- How introverts can help their networking by approaching it with a goal in mind.
- Lou and Sherri share their plans for the Lou Everett group, including an upcoming book.