Dick J. Batchelor, who is a former member of the Florida House of Representatives, is uniquely qualified with more than 40 years of political experience. His intimate knowledge of the political landscape on all levels makes him one of the savviest analysts and coveted strategists in the state of Florida. From his offices in Orlando, Mr. Batchelor is dedicated to helping clients near and far achieve their goals and prepare for what’s next.
Dick is first and foremost an informed businessman who prides himself on delivering results for his clients. He has been named one of The 50 Most Powerful People by Orlando Magazine (2004 to 2018), the 2002 Central Floridian of the Year by The Orlando Sentinel, the 2002 Businessman of the Year by Orlando Business Journal, and the 2008 & 2009 Best Corporate Citizen by Orlando Magazine. Batchelor was also named one of the 500 most influential business leaders in Florida by Florida Trend magazine in September 2018.
He is one of the youngest individuals ever to serve in the Florida House of Representatives (1974-1982), where he was chairman of the Auditing Committee, the Health and Rehabilitative Services Committee and the House Energy Committee. He was also chairman of four subcommittees and is the recipient of more than 50 awards for his legislative service. Dick Batchelor is a longtime Orlando resident and received degrees from the University of Central Florida and Valencia Community College.
A concerned and caring neighbor, Batchelor continued his commitment to his community when he left the Florida Legislature in 1982. He currently serves as co-chairman of the Children’s Trust of Orange County, and he is co-chairman of the Orange County Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Commission and the Orange County Children’s Summit. Batchelor also serves as a board member with First Amendment Foundation, Florida’s Children First and Florida Tuskegee Airmen along with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida & United Abolitionist. He was also sworn in as a commissioner with the Orlando Housing Authority and was selected to serve on the Florida Emergency Medicine Foundation Board. Most recently, Dick was elected as chairman of the Central Florida Urban League.
He also served for 33 years as honorary chairman of the “Dick Batchelor Run for the Children,” an annual 5-K run that raised funds more than $1,500,000 to treat abused children. In 2010, Dick was awarded The Chiles Advocacy Award presented by United Way of Florida for his Integrity, Dedication, and Commitment to Improving the Lives of Florida’s Children and Families.
His knowledge of international affairs also has garnered recognition by The White House, including presidential appointments as a delegate to observe elections in South Africa, where he met Nelson Mandela as a delegate to the United Nations Human Rights Commission in Geneva, Switzerland and UNESCO Paris.
Dick Batchelor currently appears as an on-air political analyst for Fox 35 Television and has served recently as a recurring on-air political analyst for Central Florida News 13, WMFE (NPR) radio and WDBO radio (Cox Broadcasting) for a number of years. He is frequently interviewed for political analysis and expertise by other television, radio, and print journalists.
He and his wife, Orlando news media veteran Andrea Coudriet, have three sons.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How Dick Batchelor became interested and elected into the House of Representatives at such an early age, and the influence it had on his future
- The amplification of the public voice and how it affects the way legislation and policy changes
- How Batchelor integrates his passions and experiences with the services he delivers to his clients
- The role that business leaders can play in creating solutions for complex issues like human trafficking, gun violence, and the opioid epidemic
- Progression of governmental agencies in comparison to the progression of entrepreneurial businesses
- How Dick Batchelor helps businesses restructure their biz dev strategy as a consultant
- The key components to building a strong personal brand as a business leader
- How Batchelor mobilizes people around specific issues outside of the legislative body
- Advice for a millennial moving into the complexities of today’s business world
- Website: http://dickbatchelor.com/
- Twitter: @DickJBatchelor
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dick-batchelor-1b350510
- Website: sharonspano.com
- Book: thetimemoneybook.com
- Events: sharonspano.com/workshops
- Contact: email@example.com
- Twitter: @SharonSpano