Depression, burnout, and loneliness were major issues long before many of us had even heard the word COVID-19. Today’s guest knows this for a fact because, in 2018, he experienced a breakdown that took him to an all-time low.
While rebuilding his life, award-winning entrepreneur, keynote speaker, podcast host, and bestselling author of Executive Loneliness, Nick Jonsson began to realize how many business leaders and entrepreneurs need peers who relate to their unique challenges and can play a supportive role, both socially and professionally.
Nick has experienced both the highs and lows of the business world. As the co-founder and managing director of Executives Global Network (EGN), which you’ll gain some insight into in this episode, he now provides a haven for members to share their work-related challenges, receive support, and learn from one another. To learn why prioritizing mental health and wellbeing is crucial for high achievers to perform at their best, be sure to tune in today!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Insight into Nick’s story and how he developed his passion for physical and mental wellbeing.
- The role that accountability, sleep, and exercise played in turning his life around.
- Positive mental and emotional manifestations that often come with a healthier lifestyle.
- Some of the most prevalent issues that EGN members struggle with.
- Why awareness and asking for help are crucial for solving many of these issues.
- The “vulnerability muscle” that Nick encourages leaders to practice at EGN.
- Recommendations for anxious overachievers to alleviate loneliness and stress.
- Spirituality for senior leaders and the importance of getting out in nature.
- Why Nick believes we still need to find the “right formula” for flat organizations.
- Nick’s five pathways to overcome mental health issues in today’s business world.
- What the future holds for EGN and a look at the EGN Leadership Conversations Podcast.
- The importance of building safe spaces, finding mentors, and being proactive.
Executive Loneliness: nickjonsson.com/my-book
Executives Global Network (EGN): egnpeernetwork.com
EGN Leadership Conversations Podcast: egnpeernetwork.com/podcast
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/