Many people are hindered by a scarcity mentality and, more often than not, it’s directly linked to their ancestry. We carry these subconscious limiting beliefs with us from childhood and it’s no surprise that they negatively impact our relationship with money. Joining us today to talk about the coaching methodology she uses to bring these limiting beliefs to light and replace them with new ones that serve her clients, financially and otherwise, is the awe-inspiring Portia Jackson.
Portia has a Ph.D. in material science and engineering and is a certified financial planner. Her love of personal finance, organization, and personal development led her to develop a step-by-step system to help online business owners take their money and their business to the next level. In this episode, we learn about her journey from literal rocket scientist to financial planning, as well as the framework-first approach she takes as a financial strategist.
If you’re interested in the process of overcoming limiting beliefs, identifying your financial synergy as a couple, and how to navigate the ever-changing socioeconomic climate, you’ll be sure to enjoy this conversation. Tune in to discover the role your money personality, lifestyle design, and mindset play in your financial well-being, the benefit of financial planning later in life, and so much more!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Introducing the awe-inspiring Portia Jackson.
- Portia’s journey from rocket scientist to financial planning.
- The similarities between engineering and financial planning.
- The link between people’s relationship with money and their childhood.
- How the scarcity mentality is perpetuated within families.
- The process of overcoming limiting beliefs.
- The importance of identifying your money personality.
- How to manage clashing money personalities as a couple.
- How Portia uses the Enneagram to identify couples’ synergies.
- The conflict young, single entrepreneurs experience with the system.
- Her role (and goal) as a financial strategist.
- Info on Portia’s upcoming live workshop in October!
- What Portia offers in her six-month group coaching experience.
- Her framework-first approach to coaching.
- The benefit of financial planning in the later chapters of your life.
Portia Jackson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/portiarjackson1
Group coaching experience: https://wealthyandfulfilled.com/apply
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/
12-Week Toxic Relationship 1:1 Intensive: sharonspanoworkshops.com/intensive