Paul Epstein may not be a hard-charging running back on the actual football field, but his list of high-profile wins in the world of sports will have you thinking that he could be. Paul’s spent nearly 15 years as a pro sports executive for multiple NFL and NBA teams, global agencies, and the NFL league office. He’s transformed numerous NBA teams from the absolute bottom in league revenue to top-two in financial performance.
He’s broken every premium revenue metric in Super Bowl history as the NFL’s sales leader. He’s opened a billion-dollar stadium, helped save the New Orleans NBA franchise, and founded the San Francisco 49ers Talent Academy. How has Paul done all this? By Playing Offense. Now, he brings his unmatched expertise and transformative strategy to your event as a keynote speaker. From a high stakes pitch to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to being inside the 49ers boardroom in the aftermath of Colin Kaepernick kneeling to saving New Orleans’ NBA team by inspiring an entire city, Paul has had a front row seat for many of the most fascinating stories in sports—and brings their powerful lessons to every keynote.
Paul has spent 15 years leading some of the most odds-defying business turnarounds in sports franchise history. From shattering an all-time Super Bowl revenue mark, to eclipsing billion-dollar expectations while opening Levi’s Stadium, to transforming NBA sales teams to the top ranks – Paul’s track record has been tested and proven again and again, and is built to last.
Paul’s keynotes aren’t designed to leave attendees feeling motivated for the rest of the day—they’re built to transform the culture of entire companies and organizations for the better in a lasting way – knowing that culture is our ultimate competitive advantage. When an unmatched approach involves combining organizational strategies with the power of personal transformation, Paul recognizes that we can’t change our companies or outcomes until we change our own mindsets and behaviors.
With insights from leading business teams in the professional sports world, collaborating with leaders in the U.S. Special Forces, to consulting leaders across Fortune 100 companies, Paul will share his playbook on how to infuse daily leadership practices through all ranks of your organization.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Paul’s history in sports franchises to his current role today, helping others find their purpose.
- The moment in 2016 when Paul tapped into his purpose and found his calling.
- How Paul found a coach and started expressing his own potential.
- The spark of purpose that Paul experienced and the inspiration that he takes from his father.
- Fast-track success and over-emphasis on numbers; lessons that Paul has learned around the value of people.
- Paul’s conscious decision to walk away from a dream job to follow his calling.
- The five core values that Paul identified; belief, growth, authenticity, courage, and impact.
- Using passion and purpose as fuel to keep going through difficult times and big challenges.
- The pervasiveness of purpose — it is not exclusive to high-level, high salary jobs.
- Paul’s advice around the process of finding purpose in situations where it may seem elusive.
- Elements of Paul’s daily routine that connect him to his purpose; gratitude and excitement!
- Mapping the common threads of our lives and constantly learning more about ourselves.
- Looking forward with Paul; continuing with meaning, mission and motion!
- Paul’s dream for a better connection to work — using the hours we put in to find meaning.
- A response to the idea that not everybody has a purpose — force is not the answer.
- Getting into contact with Paul and finding out more about Purpose Labs!
- The surprising and unknowable nature of growth and finding your calling!
“The majority of what my roles were on paper were to lead sales, enterprises and organizations. Think of a 70,000-seat stadium and who’s responsible for filling the seats and the suites and the corporate partnerships.” — @Purpose_Labs [0:02:40]
“Finding my why was literally the greatest gift that I’ve ever received. Now I’ve dedicated the rest of my life to share that gift of purpose with others.” — @Purpose_Labs [0:06:02]
“They were thinking that I was running away from something, but those that were closest to me knew that I was running towards something.” — @Purpose_Labs [0:19:42]
- Website: https://paulepsteinspeaks.com/
- Purpose Labs: https://paulepsteinspeaks.com/purpose-labs-llc
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulepsteinspeaks/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/PaulEpsteinSpeaks/
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/Purpose_Labs
Facebook / LinkedIn:
Paul Epstein has been in the sports industry since his career began, serving in the NFL league office leading a national sales campaign for Super Bowl XLVIII, managing a record-setting sales organization at the San Francisco 49ers while opening Levi’s Stadium, partnering with NFL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA clients at a global sports agency, all after leading revenue teams at three NBA clubs including his franchise-saving role in New Orleans—once at the bottom of league attendance and in danger of being relocated before Paul helped rally the city to ultimately save their now beloved team.