Betrayal can be crippling, affecting every aspect of your mind, body, and spirit. But holding onto betrayal can be just as brutal, as you lose track of who you really are and instead assume the identity of one betrayed. The Post Betrayal Transformation Institute aims to help people heal from post-betrayal syndrome, and today, we are thrilled to be joined by its founder, Dr. Debi Silber.
In our second conversation with Dr. Silber, we begin to unpack the roots of betrayal and its foundational characteristics of intentional hurt and broken trust. We learn why people often get stuck in their healing process, why responsibility and awareness are critical factors of growth, and why you shouldn’t base your identity on your betrayal, as well as whether or not betrayers actually notice the intentionality behind their actions.
Moving away from betrayal and toward trust can only be done through separating enlightenment from cynicism, understanding the law of attraction, and self-love. If you are looking to unburden yourself and begin your transformation toward a life of fulfillment, then this episode is for you!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Post-betrayal syndrome and transformation, and the five stages of healing from betrayal.
- How intention and trust are at the root of betrayal.
- Why people always get stuck in the comfort zone of the third stage of healing.
- Dr. Debi’s approach of getting people to move past stage three.
- Correlations between the type of betrayal and the time it takes to heal from it.
- Why resisting transformation blocks all paths to healing.
- Dr. Debi’s perspective on taking responsibility and becoming more aware.
- The dangers of making betrayal part of your identity.
- Getting stuck in one story versus using that story as a way to heal.
- Whether betrayers notice the intentionality behind their actions.
- Why Dr. Debi gets excited to work with betrayers who seek transformation.
- Separating enlightenment from cynicism.
- The law of attraction as it pertains to trust.
- What stages four and five look like in the work of healing from betrayal.
- The most common betrayals that Dr. Debi sees in individuals and groups.
- The Post Betrayal Transformation Institute’s new retreats venture.
- Parting words of advice to those struggling to let go of betrayal.
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/