Sharon Spano, Ph.D. helps thriving family business owners overcome challenges when life and business collide. As a business strategist, author, and Professional Integral Coach, she leads her clients through specific research-based practices that empower them to realign their business strategy with a life of meaning, accelerated performance, and increased profitability.
Sharon is also the author of The Pursuit of Time and Money: Step Into Radical Abundance and Discover the Secret to a Meaningful Prosperous Life.
She is also a scholar-practitioner who enjoys researching and understanding some of the hard stuff of life so you don’t have to. Sharon is passionate about helping people move through a challenge such that they come out more passionate and fulfilled on the other side.
Whether you’re an individual or a family-business owner in the midst of change, Sharon would love to help you discover the underlying dynamics that must be addressed in order to maintain a sustainable business that will generate intergenerational wealth and a lasting legacy.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why the Other Side of Potential podcast is shifting its focus toward the challenges and opportunities of operating a family-owned business
- How Sharon plans to tailor the guest lineup for the show to better address the needs and questions of family-owned businesses
- How the pandemic has altered the dynamic of the family-owned business, why life as we know it is changing, and why the pandemic has highlighted deep issues in our social systems
- Why the 2005 book Presence by Peter Senge, C. Otto Scharmer, Joseph Jaworski and Betty Sue Flowers, has profound wisdom for the challenges of today and is well worth reading
- Sharon shares remarkable and prophetic quotes from Presence, originally addressing the post-9/11 world but which resonate with our current pandemic crisis
- Why business owners and leaders are the backbone of the economy and need to be aware of the interconnectivity of our systems and recognize that things must change
- Why being present in your family system is vital to help cope with the trauma caused by this global pandemic, and why helping your children understand what is happening is vital
- How patterns can help you reframe what is happening for your family and for your employees by focusing on the positives
- How our overarching system of life automatically recalibrates to adjust for changes, and why paying attention to the patterns is the key to adapting
- Why focusing on survival will only cause you to fail, and why focusing on pivoting, innovating and adapting to better serve your business and clients is the true secret to thriving
- Presence by Peter Senge, C. Otto Scharmer, Joseph Jaworski, and Betty Sue Flowers: https://amzn.to/35YAp27
- Twitter: @SharonSpano
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/sharon-spano-phd-46923b7
- Website: www.SharonSpano.com
- Email: Sharon@SharonSpano.com
- Book: www.TheTimeMoneyBook.com
- Podcast: https://sharonspano.com/podcast/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sharon.spano.1