We have all felt shame and guilt at one time or another, but today’s guest believes that these taboo topics are some of the most dangerous threats to our personal power. While shame and guilt cannot destroy our most powerful emotions, they can change positive emotions to negative ones and result in anxiety, depression, substance abuse, and even chronic pain.
We are joined today by Lois Hollis, a Shame Guilt Educator, Counselor, and Filmmaker who is here to help shift our opinion of shame/guilt (not shame and guilt!) and bring new knowledge to these misunderstood conditions. After suffering from depression, anxiety, and migraine headaches for over 30 years, Lois came to realize that it was deeply ingrained shame/guilt that was the cause of all her ailments. The only solution was to confront this dark energy and release herself from the hold it had on her.
Today, Lois helps others to free themselves from a lifetime of physical and emotional bondage and reprogram their own distorted thinking. Join us as we discuss effective ways to generate lasting health, wellness, and spiritual maturity in your life by bringing shame/guilt into the light and teaching your inner critic to work for you, not against you. To learn more about how Lois is redefining our perception of shame/guilt and ushering in a new paradigm of self-esteem, healing, and evolution for humanity, tune in today!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The pivotal moment when Lois realized that shame/guilt was the source of her suffering.
- An important distinction between shame and guilt and shame/guilt.
- How Lois freed herself of shame/guilt and began to help others to do the same.
- A look at how shame/guilt energy affects your conscious and subconscious mind.
- Visual metaphors to help you understand shame/guilt better.
- Recognizing how shame/guilt dissolves upon detection.
- Why it’s important to acknowledge that shame/guilt isn’t normal; it’s common.
- How to teach your inner critic to work for you, not against you.
- Insight into Lois’ work as a filmmaker (and where you can find her films).
- Why you should never own shame/guilt; you have to exteriorize it!
- Ways that shame/guilt manifests in both overachievers and underachievers.
- The importance of incorporating shame/guilt education into any therapy you’re doing.
- Understanding the negative and positive sides of every emotion.
- How shame/guilt blocks you from realizing your fullest potential.
I’M GOOD FILM: https://www.imgoodfilm.com/
Inside Out: https://www.pixar.com/feature-films/inside-out
Out of Discord Into Harmony: https://youtu.be/FsLk7ZdRaoI
SHAME/GUILT STOPPERS Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1362596790752033/
David Hawkins: https://veritaspub.com/
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/
12-Week Toxic Relationship 1:1 Intensive: sharonspanoworkshops.com/intensive