Trauma affects all of us, and the entrepreneurs of our world are not exempt. We are joined today by our recurring guest, Mark Monchek (Founder and CEO of Opportunity Lab), to talk about how trauma manifests in business and how the stories we create around our traumas impact our life’s trajectory.
Mark shares his personal definition of trauma, identifying different types of trauma and emphasizing the importance of trauma awareness. We debate the link between high achievers and their family history and investigate how the right education can positively impact future entrepreneurs with trauma backgrounds.
We also touch on psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy as a treatment option for PTSD and other mental health disorders and investigate the rewiring potential of therapeutic modalities like EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). Tune in for our chosen daily practices for trauma healing and more!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Introducing recurring guest Mark Monchek.
- The prevalence of mental health issues in entrepreneurs.
- Mark’s definition of trauma: something that alters your life’s trajectory.
- How the suppression of trauma typically manifests for entrepreneurs.
- The link between high achievers and their family history.
- How the stories we create around trauma influence our lives.
- Different types of trauma and the importance of trauma awareness.
- The potential role of education in supporting future entrepreneurs with trauma backgrounds.
- Treating PTSD with psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy: insights, risks, and benefits.
- Other conditions that can benefit from psychedelics treatment and the importance of finding the right practitioner.
- Daily practices for trauma healing, including meditation and EMDR.
- Available (affordable!) mental health resources.
Opportunity Lab: opplab.com
How to Change Your Mind (book)
How to Change Your Mind (TV series)
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/