This week we are excited to welcome world-renowned creativity expert, Nir Bashan, founder and CEO of The Creator Mindset and author of The Creator Mindset: 92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability, to talk about the integral role that creativity has to play in business. His company, The Creator Mindset, offers a range of services, from conducting workshops, consulting, and coaching, to keynote speeches at conferences and corporate events. Their history boasts a prestigious list of clients, including AT&T, Microsoft, ACE Hardware, The NFL Network, EA Sports, Suzuki, Activision, and JetBlue.
In our conversation with Nir, we discuss how a disciplined approach to creativity can reveal innovative solutions for achieving growth and sustainability in any business, whether you’re a huge corporation, or still hustling as a solo entrepreneur. Nir has helped countless businesses around the world harness the power of creativity to not only improve profitability, increase sales, and elevate customer service, but also, crucially, to uncover the deeper meaning in their work. Tuning in, you’ll hear Nir break down his process by relating the story of a client who owned a pizza franchise, and he unpacks how they were able to elevate the meaning of their company through simple creative exercises. We also hear about Nir’s book, The Creativity Mindset, and delve into the two decades he dedicated to establishing a formula that would codify creativity.
Nir’s approach to creativity is practical and accessible. It allows businesses to balance their technical prowess and dedication to analytics, with creativity, and elevate it through innovation and lateral thinking. Creativity need not be confined to the arts, and we are all attuned to creativity simply through our ability to solve a multitude of problems every day, we just need to learn how to recognize it. To learn more about how you can apply The Creative Mindset to your business, tune in today!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, Nir Bashan
- How Nir came to be interested in creativity and innovation, particularly in the context of business.
- How Nir came to write The Creator Mindset, a book about the ‘how’ of creativity.
- Nir’s definition of creativity and how it applies to business.
- The creativity and innovation that has occurred in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A glimpse into Nir’s observations on the creative process.
- How Nir helped a pizza franchise elevate their thinking through a simple creative process.
- Why creativity is a discipline, like any other.
- Nir’s approach to finding the balance between generating creativity and identifying feasible ideas.
- Nir’s small but mighty team and how they support companies.
- Why Nir’s business model is structured to empower companies to be self-sufficient.
- Nir’s book, The Creator Mindset: 92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability and how to access it.
- Hear Nir’s advice for anyone who is feeling stuck in their business.