What kind of business do you want to run? What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? What kind of life do you want to live? Each one of us can choose how we operate in the world, and the way we choose to operate can no longer just be based on our own personal desires. We need to all be conscious of how our actions affect the people around us and the environment that sustains us.
Enter the concept of conscious business. Being in the business world is challenging, and it’s so easy to get trapped in the hamster wheel of endless to-do lists and meetings and high levels of stress. But when was the last time you actually took a moment to think about the “why” behind all of your actions?
It is undeniable that the world of business, and the world in general, is vastly different from what it was even just a few years ago, and that fact necessitates a new way of thinking and doing and being. Gratitude, collaboration, and learning are foundational to conscious business and in this week’s episode, Mark Monchek is back in the co-host seat for an eye-opening discussion about what it takes to shed the self-centered (unconscious) approach to business that is so common in the Western world and to embrace a leadership style that will make the world a better place.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Mark explains the meaning of conscious business.
- Examples of conscious innovations.
- Why it is easier for small businesses to pivot towards more sustainable, ethical business models than it is for big businesses.
- The two key questions that Mark asks his clients who are interested in becoming more conscious business owners.
- How Opportunity Lab helps entrepreneurs build the businesses they really want to be building.
- Understanding interdependence: the first step in conscious business.
- Factors that separate conscious leaders from unconscious leaders.
- Why outcome matters so much more than output.
- Opportunity Lab’s approach to optimizing and inspiring workforces.
- Why gratitude, collaboration, and learning are the three pillars of conscious business.
Mark Moncheck on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markmonchek/
Mark Monchek on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/markmonchek
Opportunity Lab: https://opplab.com/
Opportunity Community: https://opplab.com/opportunity-community/
Opportunity Lab on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-opportunity-lab/
Opportunity Lab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/opplab?lang=en
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/