As we evolve as individuals and communities, we need to continue to make progress in our relationships to past traumas and ideas of power. This is the message that today’s guest, Christian de la Huerta is offering, and something that he shares through his work with clients as well as in his writing.
Christian is an experienced breathwork practitioner, and has been working in this powerful modality for three decades! In our conversation, we get to hear from Christian about his journey with breathwork, and his amazing initial realization of its life-changing possibilities. He also explains how it fits into a larger landscape of meditation and coaching, before unpacking some of the main tenets of his most recent book, Awakening the Soul of Power.
This conversation is packed with an interesting insight into the roots of what ails us in today’s society, and Christian’s particular brand of care and clear-sightedness is so refreshing and inspiring. Listeners can expect some enlightening examples of how breathwork can impact us on the most fundamental levels, as well as some exploration of how our bodies store the inevitable trauma we experience. So make sure to join us for this exciting chat with Christian!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Christian discovered breathwork, and his decision to focus his energy on this path.
- Christian explains a little about breathwork and the training he has done over the years.
- The process that Christian typically goes through with clients.
- How trauma moves from our emotional and mental realms into the body.
- Christian shares a powerful story from his mentor that illustrates the power of breathwork.
- The quantum dimension; how physics has helped us understand energy.
- Socialization and the negation of our difficult emotions.
- How connecting with our bodies takes us away from the ego and toward our deeper wisdom.
- Simple and accessible daily breathing practices that can change our lives.
- Grounding and centering ourselves before a challenging activity.
- The results of a masculine and militant culture around power.
- Christian’s chapter on reframing traditional gender roles.
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.com/podcast/