Our bodies are home to trillions of microorganisms — like bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other forms of life — collectively known as our microbiome. And while this may sound scary, it’s actually an example of how incredible (and adaptable) our bodies truly are. No one knows this better than today’s guest, Linn Rivers, a world-renowned holistic healthcare practitioner and graduate of the esteemed Pacific College of Health and Science. In addition to her work as a healthcare practitioner, Linn is also a life coach, spiritual counselor, and talented photographer and videographer.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn about Linn’s challenging health journey and how it led to her career as a healthcare practitioner. She describes the various health issues she experienced as a child, the many antibiotics and steroids she was prescribed growing up, and the detrimental effect this had on her overall health. Linn goes on to recount her discovery of the microbiome and how healing her gut enabled her to uncover the root cause of her symptoms, empowering her to recover from debilitating chronic health conditions.
In our conversation, we discuss the pivotal role the microbiome plays in our overall health and why traditional, mainstream healthcare can sometimes do more harm than good. Linn breaks down how she tests and treats her patients’ microbiomes, the incredible results she has seen, and why our guts are so quick to react to the food we eat. She also explains why the microbiome is all about balance, the trillions of bacteria that populate our gut, and why prioritizing your health is of the utmost importance.
If you’re curious about the mind-gut connection, how food can impact our overall health, or the microbiome in general, you’ll definitely want to tune in for today’s fascinating conversation!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Get to know today’s guest, Linn Rivers.
- Linn’s health journey and how it introduced her to the microbiome and its many functions.
- An overview of the microbiome and the key role it plays in our bodies.
- Understanding the symbiotic relationship we have with our microbiomes.
- Why antibiotics can wreak havoc on our gut.
- How Linn tests and treats her patients’ microbiomes.
- A rundown of leaky gut and the impact it has on your system.
- The importance of taking a probiotic when you need to take antibiotics.
- Why Linn believes everyone should be taking probiotics.
- How our diets can affect the microbiome.
- How the microbiome impacts our hormones and why that is especially true for women.
- The relationships between food, the microbiome, and our emotions.
- Linn’s expertise as a photographer and videographer and how you can access her work.
Wellness Website: https://riverswellness.net/
Photography and Video Website: https://linnrivers.com/
The Other Side of Potential Podcast: sharonspano.