Whether you’re a small business starting out, or a high-profile celebrity looking to manage your image, taking control of your marketing and defining your brand can seem like a mammoth undertaking. No one understands this challenge better than Raj Girn who has helped all manner of businesses and celebrities elevate their brands for the digital age.
Raj Girn is a multi-award-winning media and events entrepreneur, brand strategist, marketing consultant, confidence coach, No. 1 best-selling author, entertainment personality, activist, and philanthropist. Raj is widely recognized as an expert in niche branding, media, marketing, public relations, and event strategy and is highly respected in her field. She has worked with a series of globally-recognized brands like LOréal Paris and Huawei, as well as high-profile celebrities, including Kim Kardashian and Priyanka Chopra. In our conversation with Raj, we hear about how an arranged marriage brought her to Canada from England, the cultural dissonance she experienced, and how the experience led her to entrepreneurship. Listening in, you’ll discover how she started her own media company ANOKHI and how high demand for her work as an advisor led her to start The Open Chest Confidence Academy. We delve into Raj’s process when working with clients and unpack the intricacies of brand vision, brand mission, brand values, and brand assets and take a deeper look at how they influence your style guide.
Raj has accumulated an immense amount of knowledge and experience over the last two decades and offers multiple insights into the world of marketing and communications. Whether you’re looking to transition to the online space or take your marketing to the next level, Raj will meet you where you’re at! Don’t miss this essential episode on marketing, branding, and much more!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Get to know today’s guest Raj Girn.
- How Raj’s arranged marriage brought her to Canada.
- The cultural dissonance that Raj felt in her new home and how it led her to entrepreneurship.
- How Raj entered the media world and decided to start her own media company ANOKHI.
- The biggest thing that brands struggle with today: wanting to do everything.
- Why owning your media is crucial and how to do it.
- What Raj has observed about smaller businesses’ changes in online presence since the start of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
- How to use borrowed authority in your marketing.
- Understanding your online audience and how to reach them.
- How Raj saw a need in the market and started The Open Chest Confidence Academy.
- How The Open Chest Confidence Academy helps companies brand and market themselves effectively.
- A breakdown of brand vision, brand mission, and brand values, and how they influence your style guide.
- What makes up your brand assets and how that differs in online and brick-and-mortar businesses.
- Raj breaks down her process with clients when evaluating their brand.
- The art of crafting and communicating a story to clients that illustrates how they can benefit from your skills or product.
- The work Raj has done with her company ANOKHI by focusing on a southeast Asian audience in North America and Canada.
- What Raj has learned from working with celebrities and how it informs her work with smaller businesses.
- Marketing, communications, and how to borrow authority from media outlets.
- How paid media allows you to take control of your narrative.
- Why you need to leverage all the different types of marketing available to you, like posting on social media platforms, accessing borrowed authority, utilizing paid media, and more.
- More about The Open Chest Confidence Academy and how to access their content.